Honey Salt Continues its Celebration of Giving with Support of Las Vegas Restaurant Week Benefitting Three Square
July 31, 2014 by VegasNews.com
In its eighth year, Three Square Food Bank’s Fall Las Vegas Restaurant Week gives restaurants in the community the opportunity to give back through culinary arts (Pictured: Farmer’s Toast from Honey Salt).
Honey Salt, the local neighborhood hotspot from hospitality visionaries Elizabeth Blau and Chef Kim Canteenwalla, is benefitting Three Square in more ways than one as the charity is also the beneficiary of the final Summer of Love menu giving patrons two weeks to support (Summer of Love dinner menu runs August 18-22; see www.honeysalt.com/sol for more details).
Honey Salt is proud to participate in the Fall Las Vegas Restaurant Week August 22 – 28, 2014 with the following menus:
- First Course (choice of): Farmer’s Toast (crushed avocado, radish, carrots, shaved fennel, grilled wheat bread and green goodness juice); or Turkey Meatballs (alta cucina tomatoes, caramelized onions, bellwether farms ricotta)
- Main Course (choice of*): Biloxi Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sandwich (creamy slaw, house durkee’s dressing, brioche roll, chopped salad); or Beehive Smoked Cheddar Grilled Cheese (cheesy truffle fondue, rustic sourdough and sweet corn soup).
- Dessert (choice of*): Triple Strawberry Shortcake (fresh strawberries, strawberry jam, santa Barbara strawberry ice cream and mascarpone cream); or Brookie (chocolate chip cookie meets chocolate fudge brownie with salted caramel chunk ice cream).
- Cost is $20.14 per person. Tax and gratuity not included.
- First Course (choice of): Elizabeth’s Caesar Salad (Tuscan kale & romaine, black garlic dressing, parmesan; or Burrata & Heirloom Tomato (figs, balsamic, extra virgin olive oil).
- Main Course (choice of): Mary’s Free Range Brick Oven Chicken (mac ‘n’ cheese with kale & anaheim peppers, natural jus); or Roasted Halibut (grilled summer salad, basil aioli).
- Dessert (choice of): Triple Strawberry Shortcake (fresh strawberries, strawberry jam, santa Barbara strawberry ice cream and mascarpone cream); or Brookie (chocolate chip cookie meets chocolate fudge brownie with salted caramel chunk ice cream).
- Cost is $40.14 per person. Tax and gratuity not included.
Since 2007, more than 2.5 million meals have been provided for those in need through funding obtained during Restaurant Week. Today, Three Square feeds nearly 100,000 men, women, children and seniors each month. With the community’s support during restaurant week, Three Square gets closer to its goal of feeding the 360,000 people in need in Southern Nevada. All proceeds from Restaurant Week remain in Las Vegas and help Three Square in its fight to end hunger in Southern Nevada.
Honey Salt is located on the Westside of Las Vegas at 1031 S. Rampart Blvd. Lunch is served from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Dinner is served 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. (until 9 p.m. Sunday and Monday). A limited menu is available daily from 2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Brunch is served Sunday from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. For reservations and more information, visit www.honeysalt.com or call the restaurant at 702-445-6100. “Like” Honey Salt on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HoneySaltLV and follow Honey Salt on Twitter @HoneySaltLV or @elizabethblau1.
© 2014, VegasNews.com. All rights reserved.