M Resort Debuts as Official Production Location for Bravo’s ‘Top Chef: Las Vegas’
August 14, 2009 by VegasNews.com
The sixth season of the No. 1 food show on cable, Bravo’s Emmy and James Beard Award-winning series returns when “Top Chef: Las Vegas” premieres Wednesday, August 19 at 9 p.m. ET/PT. The M Resort Spa Casino, the newest resort in Las Vegas, served as the official production location for the show. Chef’testants competed throughout the property, during the filming process, stirring up amazing food and fierce competition to become Top Chef.
“We opened the resort talking about our fresh approach to casino dining and the importance we place on food. Having the No. 1 food show on cable film at our resort affirms our commitment to creating an out-of-the-ordinary dining experience and developing chef talent in our cooking studio and in our restaurants,” said Anthony A. Marnell III, Chairman and CEO of the M Resort.
No stranger to fostering talent and introducing unique culinary concepts to the city, the Marnell family is credited with bringing many innovations to the Las Vegas market while owning and operating the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino from 1992 to 2001. Many of the innovations are still widely used today.
- First in Las Vegas to host James Beard Out of House Events, which included the most recognized American celebrity chefs. It was the catalyst in attracting the late Jean-Louis Palladin, who eventually made the Napa Restaurant his home.
- First in Las Vegas to introduce programs that exemplified an unsurpassed dedication to food.
- First full seafood buffet in Las Vegas.
- First in Las Vegas to sell specialty foods made on premise.
- First to establish roof restaurants and lounges in Las Vegas.
- First to have a master sommelier on staff in Las Vegas.
- First to have own charcuterie on premises in Las Vegas.
- Largest wine cellar and tasting room in Las Vegas – first to open it to the public.
Bravo’s “Top Chef” offers a fascinating window into the competitive, pressure-filled environment of world-class cookery and the restaurant business at the highest level. The series features 17 aspiring chefs who compete for their shot at culinary stardom and the chance to earn the prestigious title of “Top Chef.” Each episode holds two challenges for the chefs. The first is a quickfire test of their basic abilities and the second is a more involved elimination challenge designed to test the versatility and inventiveness of the chefs as they take on unique culinary trials such as working with unusual and exotic foods or catering for a range of demanding clients. The challenges not only test their skills in the kitchen, but also uncover if they have the customer service, management and teamwork abilities required of a Top Chef. The competing chefs live and breathe the high-pressure lifestyle that comes with being a master chef and each week someone is asked to “pack up their knives” and go home.
© 2009, VegasNews.com. All rights reserved. All content copyrighted or used with permission. This content may not be distributed, modified, reproduced in whole or in part without prior permission from VegasNews.com.
Now you can Follow us on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter!