Art, Fashion and Music on Display at Downtown Spaces this First Friday, June 6
June 2, 2014 by VegasNews.com
The Gateway District’s premier collection of creative workspaces, Downtown Spaces, will once again offer a diverse collection of sights, sounds and experiences on June 6 from approximately 5 to 10 p.m. (Pictured: Zombie at We Become Monsters).
Located just southwest of the 18b Arts District, Downtown Spaces offers a relaxed atmosphere, free parking and close proximity to the monthly First Friday cultural event.
Among the scheduled activities and events happening this First Friday at Downtown Spaces:
- Skin City Body Painting owner and reality TV star Robin Slonina doing a free live body painting demo, blending model Carolyn Feigs into a graffiti wall, plus Las Vegas artist collective 3 Baaad Sheep on display in Skin City’s lobby gallery
- Pierre Phillip Apparel & Shoes will throw a grand opening party with refreshments, a live DJ performance, and a Cinderella prize drawing
- Square Shooting Photography hosts We Become Monsters, featuring handcrafted resin toys that are both playful and creepy
- Wasteland Gallery will host an opening reception for multimedia artist Raul Herrera, with live music from The Rifleman
- Ortego’s Juniper Gallery will feature artwork by Matt Ortego, Erika Allison, Ve Z Un, Alejandro Aranda, Adrienne Motley and SeaHawk Wang
- ISI Studio will feature arts & crafts by Debi Anderson plus other works
- The Huntridge Foundation will be open and accepting Huntridge Theater memorabilia donations
- Podcast host Siril Beil will have the studio of his eponymous show open to the public.
After checking out the scene at Downtown Spaces, 21-over visitors to the Gateway District can enjoy drinks, music and more across the street at the Hard Hat Lounge (1675 Industrial Road).
Downtown Spaces: Located in the heart of Las Vegas’ historic Gateway District at 1800 Industrial Road, Downtown Spaces is home to dozens of creative professionals, including photographers, artists, graphic designers, recording engineers, printers and performers, all working inside an expansive, midcentury office building. For leasing information, visit dtspaces.com.
© 2014, VegasNews.com. All rights reserved. All content copyrighted or used with permission. All rights reserved. This content may not be distributed, modified, reproduced in whole or in part without prior permission from VegasNews.com.