South Point Hotel’s Restaurants Bring a Flavorful New Dining Experience with Revamped Menus
April 25, 2014 by VegasNews.com
South Point Hotel continues to offer premier and diverse dining experiences with the introduction of the new menu items detailed below at five of the property’s restaurants, including Silverado Steak House, Don Vito’s, Primarily Prime Rib, Big Sur’s Oyster Bar and Baja Miguel’s.
Silverado Steak House’s new menu items include:
- Appetizers: Burgundy Sautéed Mushrooms ($9), fresh mushroom caps sautéed with Burgundy and a hint of garlic; and Glazed Pork Belly ($11), pork belly slowly braised and topped with a soy and ginger glaze.
- Steaks: Chipotle Glazed Flat-Iron ($29), including two broiled four-ounce steaks glazed with a homemade spicy barbecue sauce.
- Entrées: Double-Cut Pork Chop ($27), served with a bourbon demi and a side of sweet pepper and apple relish; Fresh Filet of Salmon Martini Style ($32), oven roasted withadill crust and served over a potato and green olive hash that is topped with gin and vermouth cream; and For Two ($99), including one 14-ounce New York steak, four shrimp scampi and four sautéed scallops with wilted spinach.
Silverado Steak House is open Sunday through Thursday from 5 to 10 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 5 to 11 p.m.
Don Vito’s new menu items include:
- Appetizers: The Don’s Meatballs ($12), topped with pepperoni sauce; and Frito Misto ($13), featuring golden calamari, panko breaded zucchini and fried shrimp with the choice of marinara or diavolo sauce.
- Entrees: Sweet Balsamic Scallops ($32), seared and wrapped in bacon on top of a risotto with chive butter and balsamic glaze; Tagliatelle Alla Rios ($21), featuring spinach tagliatelle, portabella mushrooms, broccolini and chicken tossed in a sun-dried tomato sauce; Chicken Tuscany ($22), marinated with garlic and rosemary and broiled over Italian white beans and vegetables; and Espresso -Rubbed Rib Eye ($31), broiled with bourbon mushroom demi.
Don Vito’s is open Sunday through Thursday from 5 to 10 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 5 to 11 p.m.
Primarily Prime Rib’s new menu items include:
- Appetizers: Primarily Flat Bread ($6.95), with barbequed prime rib, caramelized onions and blended cheeses or zucchini, yellow squash and sliced tomatoes topped with rosemary, mozzarella cheese and balsamic glaze.
Primarily Prime Rib is open Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 5 to 10 p.m., and Friday and Saturday from 5 to 11 p.m.
Big Sur Oyster Bar’s new menu items include:
- $7.95 Lunch Specials: Big Sur Shrimp Salad, popcorn shrimp served on a chopped salad and topped with a smoked tomato ranch dressing; or Fish Tacos, seasonal fish grilled on soft tortillas with shredded cabbage and pico de gallo.
- Entrees: Fish Sliders ($15), freshly fried cod served on brioche rolls and topped with tartar sauce, shredded lettuce and tomato; Jambalaya ($19), includes shrimp, chicken and Andouille sausage sautéed with onions, green peppers and okra in a Creole sauce with steamed rice; and Pan Roasts ($23) with crab, shrimp or combination served with rice and tomato butter sauce. For $6 more, guests may add lobster to the Pan Roast.
Big Sur Oyster Bar is open Monday through Sunday from noon to midnight. Lunch specials are available Monday through Thursday from noon to 4 p.m.
Baja Miguel’s new menu items include:
- $7.95 Lunch Specials: Carne A La Plancha, grilled beer served with onions, tomatoes and jalapenos; Chicken Cilantro, marinated chicken breast with a tomatillo cilantro cream sauce; Chile Relleno Norteno, pablano pepper stuffed with asadero cheese and topped with ranchero sauce; Fish Tacos Puerto Nuevo, fried tilapia and marinated cabbage served on a flour tortilla;or Flauta Punto Sur, shredded beef rolled in a flour tortilla and topped with sour cream. The $7.95 lunch special includes fresh tortilla chips served with salsa, guacamole and bean dip for the table. Each entrée is served with a side of rice and beans.
- Appetizers: Sweet Corn Tamale Cake ($9.95), served on salsa verde with sour cream, diced tomatoes and green onions; and Seafood Salad ($13.95), offers crisp greens topped with grilled shrimp and scallops, tomatoes, cucumbers, fried enchilada cheese and ranchero dressing.
- Entrees: Pescadore Veracruz ($18.95), sautéed halibut topped with a rich tomato sauce and served with seasonal vegetables; Camarone Mazatian ($18.95), sautéed shrimp served with a savory garlic butter sauce; and Shrimp Tacos ($15.95), corn tortillas filled with grilled shrimp, pico de gallo and cabbage slaw.
Baja Miguel’s is open Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Lunch specials are available from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For more information or reservations, please visit South Point’s dining website.
© 2014, VegasNews.com. All rights reserved. All content copyrighted or used with permission. All rights reserved. This content may not be distributed, modified, reproduced in whole or in part without prior permission from VegasNews.com.