Life is Beautiful Curates Music Showcase Featuring Las Vegas Bands During SXSW
March 11, 2014 by VegasNews.com
Life is Beautiful, the successful lifestyle experience that celebrates music, food, art and learning, continues to support home-grown talent by inviting Vegas bands to participate in a special music showcase during Austin’s SXSW (Pictured: The All-Togethers).
Open to the public, the showcase, hosted by Caesars Entertainment and curated by Life is Beautiful, will be at the Austin Ale House (301 W. 6th Street) on Thursday, March 13 from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. Each band participating in the event performed in the inaugural Life is Beautiful Festival in October of last year.
“One of the goals when creating the festival was to be able to celebrate and cultivate the careers of local talent,” said Rehan Choudhry, Life is Beautiful’ s Founder. “It was important to find a way to highlight these musicians throughout the year, not just during the festival, and we felt that this event presented a great opportunity to introduce people to the diverse music scene developing in Vegas.”
The following bands will be performing 45-minute sets:
- The All-Togethers – The All-Togethers hearken back to the days of bathtub gin and family evenings around the radio. They use a mixture of Prohibition-era and modern songwriting to create Hillbilly Jazz, combining the best of old and new music.
- American Cream – American Cream seeks to resurrect the classic rock and roll sound of the sixties and seventies and combine it with the unforgettable and timeless indie rock of today.
- Dusty Sunshine – Dusty Sunshine is characterized by perfectly harmonized vocals; smooth, rolling bass lines; and emotional lyrics. Each of their ballads is fortified with acoustic guitar, and touches of violin, mandolin, banjo and auto harp that enrich Dusty Sunshine’s bluesy, folksy, soulful sound.
- Ekoh – Ekoh combines true emotional lyrics with hard-hitting delivery, intricate production, and a high energy live show, creating a truly unique music experience. Blending hip hop with alternative rock and everything in-between, Ekoh has a sound that will appeal to almost any music listener.
- Rusty Maples (official SXSW band) – Rusty Maples captures the spirit of the West with their well-crafted blend of tender lyrics, classic themes and energetic Americana-inspired pop songs.
- Sabriel – Sabriel is known for her sweet, soulful voice and prolific lyrics. She collaborated with songwriting partners Blue Sheffer and Pao Gonzalez and producer Thaddeus Corea (son of jazz legend Chick Corea) to create her eponymous debut EP released in 2013.
Founded in 2013 and launched in October of that same year, Life is Beautiful is a highly successful lifestyle festival created to inspire people. Held in the heart of Downtown Las Vegas, Life is Beautiful encourages people to find the beauty in life, follow their passions and expose themselves to new experiences through music, food, art and learning programming for all ages. For more information and the latest festival news, visit www.lifeisbeautifulfestival.com, or connect with Life is Beautiful socially at Facebook.com/LIBFestival, Twitter.com/lifeisbeautiful, Instagram.com/lifeisbeautiful and YouTube.com/user/LifeIsBeauitful.
© 2014, VegasNews.com. All rights reserved. All content copyrighted or used with permission. All rights reserved. This content may not be distributed, modified, reproduced in whole or in part without prior permission from VegasNews.com.