Grand Plans for Chinese New Year at Downtown Grand Las Vegas, Feb. 7-9
February 2, 2014 by VegasNews.com
Downtown Grand Las Vegas Hotel & Casino will gallop into the Chinese New Year with numerous events, cultural entertainment and special room rates as a title sponsor of the Chinese New Year in the Desert festival.
This year, Downtown Grand Las Vegas will serve as the center of the festivities after recently celebrating its grand opening following a $100 million investment that raised the standard for luxury and sophistication in downtown Las Vegas.
Good fortune, happiness, wealth and longevity will be celebrated as Downtown Grand sponsors events and entertainment within the hotel, along Third Street and at the adjacent Downtown Third (Dt3) stage, beginning on Thursday, Feb. 6 and continuing throughout the weekend. Events include:
Thursday, Feb. 6
- 4 to 9 p.m. at The Commissary, located in Downtown Grand’s west tower – official packet pick up location for participants in the Race to the World Zumba Record being held on Saturday
- 4 to 5 p.m. at the Commissary – a ZIN (Zumba Instructors Network) demonstration dance
- 8 p.m. at Downtown Grand’s Mob Bar – the Vietnamese variety act, “Dragon Fest,” performs; followed by DJ entertainment until 2 a.m.
Friday, Feb. 7
- Noon to 6 p.m. at Downtown Grand’s Art Bar – Zumba packet pick up continues
- 6 to 8 p.m. at Mob Bar – pianist and Hong Kong native Jenny Cheng performs
- 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. at Mob Bar – Karaoke Night
Saturday, Feb. 8
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Downtown Third Stage – On-site registration for the Race to the World Zumba Record with the Zumbathon beginning at 1 p.m.
- 3 to 8 p.m. at the Downtown Third Stage – DJ entertainment
- 8 to 10 p.m. at the Downtown Third Stage – Society of Seven concert
- 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. at Mob Bar – Live entertainment
As title sponsor of the Chinese New Year in the Desert festival, Downtown Grand will also participate in the International Vendor Village located on Third Street between Fremont Street and Stewart Avenue where guests can taste international flavors from renowned food vendors all weekend long.
Downtown Grand Las Vegas also offers authentic Chinese cuisine from acclaimed Chef Can Duong at its Red Mansion Chinese Restaurant. The menu focuses on Hong Kong-style dishes and innovative Chinese tapas, expertly blending the traditional and the innovative.
Guests traveling to downtown Las Vegas for the festival can still make hotel reservations online at http://www.downtowngrand.com/, with room rates starting at $69.
© 2014, VegasNews.com. All rights reserved.