E Bunny Gearing Up for 2014 Annual Easter Basket Drive
January 27, 2014 by VegasNews.com
For 24 years E Bunny has delivered thousands of Easter baskets to homeless, underprivileged and sick children thanks to the generosity of the Las Vegas community. The grass-roots, all-volunteer outreach group is committed to bringing baskets as a token of hope and joy to children in need across the Vegas valley.
E Bunny’s Annual Easter Basket Drive
It’s become an Easter tradition, and is said to be the largest volunteer basket drive in the country! Since 1990, businesses, schools, clubs, the entertainment community and generous individuals have come together to raise Easter baskets for kids who wouldn’t otherwise receive one. They hold basket drives with their employees, customers, cast-mates and friends. Some create a “community giving” fund, and authorize a team to buy and donate baskets.
E Bunny doesn’t take cash donations; only store-purchased Easter baskets that go directly to the children!
Human Nature Talks About E Bunny
Those receiving baskets in 2013 include: Clark County School District (Title 1 Hope); Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation; Children’s Hospital of Nevada at UMC; Family Promise; Safe House (Henderson); Safe Nest; Shield of Hope; Casa De Luz (Naked City); Nevada Division of Welfare (for children without other services); LVPD (various command areas); Las Vegas Rescue Mission; Las Vegas City Mission; Straight From The Streets; and hundreds of others, on an individual basis.
E Bunny brings the spirit of giving to children and their families, letting them know others in the community care. But, this Vegas tradition doesn’t happen without community support.
Here’s how we all can help this year:
- Purchase an Easter Basket a child by April 11, 2014 . Baskets can be dropped at E Bunny’s workshop, 6650 Spencer St., Las Vegas, 89119. Additional drop-off locations will be posted on Facebook as Easter nears. Pre-packaged baskets, the ones you see at any grocery, drugstore, or retail store are requested. Although we love handmade baskets, store purchased baskets are built to stay intact during handling and travel.
- Inspire others! Get your kids, family, friends, neighbors & co-workers involved.
- Hold an Easer Basket Drive in your neighborhood, school, church, club, social group or at your business.
- Spread the word! E-mail this message to anyone who loves children.
Like to read more about E Bunny? Visit:
• E BUNNY 2013: Another Amazing Year!
Be part of a community that cares for kids! Contact email@example.com or call 702.498.9808 for more information.
© 2014, VegasNews.com. All rights reserved.