World of Outlaws STP Sprint Cars to Kick Off Racing Week March 5-6, 2014 at The Dirt Track at LVMS
August 25, 2013 by VegasNews.com
The World of Outlaws STP Sprint Car Series will return to The Dirt Track at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Wednesday and Thursday, March 5-6, 2014, to launch Las Vegas’ biggest weekend of racing.
The special mid-week dates open NASCAR Weekend at the multi-track complex that has become a popular destination for race fans in early March. The World of Outlaws STP Sprint Cars will race in complete programs each night with support divisions including Non-Wing Sprints Cars, Modifieds and Late Models. NASCAR Weekend focus then switches to the 1.5-mile superspeedway, for Stratosphere Pole Day on March 7, Boyd Gaming 300 for the NASCAR Nationwide Series on March 8 and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series KOBALT 400 on March 9.
The two full shows will mark the 17th year the 900-horsepower World of Outlaws STP Sprint Cars have raced at the half-mile Las Vegas dirt oval, with five-time champion Donny Schatz posting his seventh victory earlier this season to lead the all-time Outlaw win list at the track.
For the first time, reserved seats will be available for this two-day event. Reserved tickets will go on sale at 9 a.m. (Eastern) on Monday, Aug. 26. Tickets may be purchased at www.WorldofOutlaws.com/tickets or by calling (877) 395-8606. Money-saving, two-day reserved ticket packages will be available and will include a free fan pit pass if purchased in advance
The Dirt Track at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, located at Speedway Exit 54 on I-15 North, is just minutes from the world-famous Las Vegas Strip, with world-class casinos, hotels and shopping. The two-day event will be the World of Outlaws STP Sprint Car Series’ only visit to Las Vegas in 2014.
No doubt, the week could be one of the biggest in Vegas history so fans shouldn’t delay making plans to see “The Greatest Show on Dirt” in one of its most unique settings.
The Dirt Track at Las Vegas Motor Speedway track record of 13.719 sec. was established by Danny Lasoski on March 4, 2004.
Previous World of Outlaws STP Sprint Car Series winners at The Dirt Track at Las Vegas Motor Speedway:
- 2013 – Donny Schatz (March 6), Tim Kaeding (March 7).
- 2012 – Tim Kaeding (March 8).
- 2011 – Joey Saldana (March 2), Steve Kinser (March 3).
- 2010 – Jason Meyers (Feb. 26).
- 2009 – Donny Schatz (Feb. 26).
- 2006 – Donny Schatz (March 9), Sammy Swindell (March 10), Donny Schatz (Oct. 28).
- 2005 – Donny Schatz (March 11), Tim Shaffer (Oct. 22).
- 2004 – Steve Kinser (March 5), Donny Schatz (Nov. 6).
- 2003 – Tim Shaffer (March 1), Danny Lasoski (Nov. 1).
- 2002 – Steve Kinser (March 2), Steve Kinser (Nov. 9).
- 2001 – Danny Lasoski (March 4), Andy Hillenburg (Nov. 3).
- 2000 – Jac Haudenschild (March 4), Sammy Swindell (Nov. 1).
- 1999 – Danny Lasoski (March 6), Donny Schatz (Nov. 3).
- 1998 – Mark Kinser (Feb. 28), Mark Kinser (Nov. 5).
- 1997 – Jeff Swindell (Feb. 7), Jeff Swindell (Nov. 5).
- 1996 – Mark Kinser (Nov. 6).
The World of Outlaws STP Sprint Car Series is brought to fans across the country by many important sponsors and partners, including: American Racing Custom Wheels (Official Custom Wheel), Armor All (Official Car Care Products), STP (Official Fuel Treatment), Hoosier Racing Tire (Official Tire), KMC (Official Custom Truck Wheel), University of Northwestern Ohio, VP Racing Fuels (Official Racing Fuel), Vicci (Official Apparel); in addition to contingency sponsors, including: Bruce High Performance Transporters, Cometic Gasket, Comp Cams, Edelbrock, JE Pistons, Klotz Synthetic Lubricants, KSE Racing Products, MSD Ignitions, Penske Shocks and Superflow Dynos; along with manufacturer sponsors, including: ButlerBuilt, Fuel Safe, Intercomp, J&J Auto Racing, Jake’s Carts, Racing Electronics, S&S Volvo, TNT Rescue and Winters Performance. For more information, please contact LVMS at (702) 644-4444 or visit www.LVMS.com. Follow LVMS on Facebook and Twitter.
© 2013, VegasNews.com. All rights reserved.